History

Whitewater Bible Camp has been a Christ-centered youth ministry affiliated with the Assembly churches, as well as other churches, around the Cincinnati area since 1964. The Assembly churches have also been known as the Plymouth Brethren and their history dates back to England in the early 1800’s.

Since the beginning, Whitewater has been a one week camp that takes place each summer in July. Because of this we have never owned our own site. Over the years we have rented various camps around the Cincinnati region. The first Whitewater Bible Camp was held at The Higher Grounds Camp facility which is located in West Harrison, Indiana. Whitewater wanted its own identity and drew its name from the fact that the Whitewater River flowed nearby.

Besides the facility at Higher Grounds, Whitewater has also held camp at Kings Domain and our current home is located at The Kirkwood Camp and Conference Center in Wilmington, Ohio.

Although Whitewater is currently considered a “junior camp” we have previously had junior high and high school aged campers, as well. Currently, we draw 8-12 year old campers between Columbus, Ohio and Northern Kentucky and west into Indiana. We average between 80-110 campers in our 6 day overnight program.

For over 40 years, Whitewater Bible Camp has seen the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father and has been a place where the seeds of the Gospel have been planted and in some case, we have enjoyed the harvest as we see young children accepting the Lord Jesus as their personal Savior.